HealthONE established the Rocky Mountain Children’s Health Foundation in 2009 to help meet the needs surrounding pediatric patients and their families, as well as to provide an avenue for community support. In other words, the Rocky Mountain Children’s Health Foundation (RMCHF) was created in response to generous contributors who wanted to provide support for many unmet needs surrounding pediatric patients and their families.
RMCHF’s mission has since been “to make a difference in the lives of pediatric patients and their families in the
All donations collected directly benefit the following areas*:
- Families who need assistance while their children are hospitalized or undergoing treatment.
- Continuing education for nurses, physicians and staff to continually improve medical care for children.
- Our communities through creating grants for programs and organizations that assist in accomplishing the mission of the Foundation.
*Donations do not support any building projects or HealthONE business initiatives.
RMCHF works by the following values:
- We are authentic and transparent in all of our activities.
- We are personal, valuing the experience of individual donors and recipients.
- We will work collaboratively in the community, to best leverage services and talents already available.
- We will support the non-medical bill related needs of patients, their families and providers of care for a healthier community.
- “The smallest act of kindness is worth more than the grandest intention.” – Oscar Wilde
- We are good stewards of our resources and make prudent investments.
More than 40% of the patients at the
Individual donations collected directly support the following patient programs and support funds:
- The Patient and Family Assistance Fund provides direct support to patients and families to help cover critical non-medical costs.
- Mothers Milk Bank Colorado – one of the top three in the nation – provides life saving nourishment for babies from
- The Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) Fund supports families with babies in the NICU by giving car seats, diapers, blankets, clothing and other essentials.
- The Pediatric Hematology Oncology Fund provides support for patient events and activities to help ease the stress of the long and intensive treatments these patients must undergo.
- Our Wings of Hope program provides luggage bags filled with necessary items to parents facing an unexpected overnight stay with their child.
- The Stink Bug Project partners with the Prison Trained K-9 Program at Colorado Correctional Industries to provide well-trained, loving companion dogs to families stricken with life threatening illnesses.
- The Pediatric General Fund supports patient activities, art programs and events to boost morale and create a sense of community for our patient and family population.
- The Education Fund supports nurses with continuing education and training to improve medical care for children.
- Grant Making to programs and organizations that assist in accomplishing the mission of the Foundation.